Every 25 seconds, an American will have a coronary event. Heart disease is the leading killer of both men and women in America, and during a heart attack, every second counts. That is why Emanuel Medical Center is proud to have brought world-class heart care to the community. Our Cardiovascular Services program includes:
For additional resources concerning cardiovascular care, please view our brochure:
Learn about heart attack symptoms.
Download the Early Heart Attack Care brochure.
“Our patients say it best. Click here to hear their life-saving testimonials.”
Accredited by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care
In recognition of the top-quality cardiac care Emanuel Medical Center provides residents of Turlock and the surrounding communities, the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care awarded Emanuel full accreditation as a Chest Pain Center in June 2013.
The accreditation includes a special notation for Emanuel’s Percutaneous Coronary Intervention program, more commonly known as angioplasty, where doctors open narrowed arteries in the heart with a balloon or stents.
As an accredited chest pain center, Emanuel follows a protocol-driven and systematic approach to patient management that allows physicians to reduce time to treatment during the critical early stages of a heart attack. The Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care’s accreditation means Emanuel meets or exceeds a wide set of stringent criteria, has undergone an onsite review by a team of the Society’s accreditation-review specialists, and demonstrated expertise in the following areas:
- Integrating the emergency department with the local emergency medical system
- Assessing, diagnosing, and treating patients quickly
- Effectively treating patients with low risk for acute coronary syndrome and no assignable cause for their symptoms
- Continually seeking to improve processes and procedures
- Ensuring the competence and training of chest pain center personnel
- Maintaining organizational structure and commitment
- Having a functional design that promotes optimal patient care
- Supporting community outreach programs that educate the public to promptly seek medical care if they display symptoms of a possible heart attack